Year 6 into 7 Transition for Tameside
News and Updates
Entering pupil data
Registering your school
Uploading a PDF of supporting information
How SixIntoSeven Works
SixIntoSeven is a web-based system for transferring information about a pupil as they move from a primary to a secondary school.
- The primary school uploads the names of their Y6 pupils and, crucially, their Unique Pupil Number (UPN). Information about each pupil is then entered into an online grid.
- Each secondary school uploads the names and UPN of the pupils they are expecting in September.
- SixIntoSeven makes the match, allowing the secondary school to download the information with no need for any spreadsheets, Google docs etc to move between schools
The information is available to secondary schools as soon as it is uploaded. There is a button to click for each pupil to show that the information is complete.
The earlier the information is uploaded, the more time the secondary school will have download the information and to plan for September. SixintoSeven is fully complaint with GDPR regulations.
Key dates and deadlines
1. 4th April: Start to register your schools
2. 27th May: All primary schools to have completed all their transition data
How SixIntoSeven has been configured to meet the needs of Tameside
Every local authority has their own way of managing transition. The fields to be completed by each pupil have therefore been designed in partnership with the education leads at Tameside.
In order to comply with the highest levels of GDPR security, the pupil information is divided into two tiers:
- Tier One information is for school staff to teach or support Y7 pupils.
- Tier Two information is for colleagues who oversee safeguarding and SEND concerns
Two key elements of our compliance strategy can be viewed by following these links
We recommend that each school downloads and completes the Data Protection and Impact Statement to ensure full GDPR compliance.
How to work with schools outside Tameside
Primary schools usually send their Year 6 pupils to a range of secondary schools. Several of those school in your area will be using the SixIntoSeven platform. You can complete transfer information for those schools directly into the platform in a similar way to the Tameside schools; you don’t need a separate login.
You can also use SixintoSeven to send your information via a PDF to any schools not using the platform.
Tell us what you think
Help and support
There are two ways of obtaining support.
1. Watch the “How to” videos which cover the important operations needed to make SixIntoSeven a success.
2. Join one of the live workshops. You can access these at any point during the scheduled time. The morning sessions are primarily aimed at heads, pastoral managers and data leads, and the afterschool for teachers.